On the 12th December 2019, His Excellency Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta C. G. H. President of the Republic of Kenya, honoured our Senior Partner Mr. Allen Gichuhi with a State Investiture of Honours and Awards of Elder of the Order of the Burning Spear (EBS) in recognition of his outstanding and distinguished contribution to the nation.
Mr. Gichuhi is recognized for the following achievements: –
- He introduced the Bar Bench Guidelines to improve administration of Justice.
- He spearheaded the introduction of E-conveyance regulations.
- He spearheaded crucial reforms in the Law Society of Kenya by introduction of draft guidelines/regulations for mentorship of young Lawyers, anti-money laundering guidelines/regulations, sexual harassment policy and pension scheme for lawyers.
- He was instrumental in introduction of loans from the Higher Educations Loans Board to needy students at the Kenya School of Law thus, giving them access to partial funding.
- He assisted the Judiciary in various amendments on Civil Procedure Rules, Court Mandated Mediation and Practice Directions.
On 23rd November 2021, Mr. Gichuhi formally received the award in a ceremony conducted by the Solicitor General Mr. Ken Ogetto at the Attorney General Chambers.
Congratulations Allen. We celebrate your achievements and your contributions not only to the legal fraternity but also to the nation.